Friday, January 11, 2008

Introduction of myself and the course

I have been a recording and creating music for the past 6 years. I am mostly self taught with the help of many great sites on the internet. I am in a band called The London Project and I record all of our stuff in my home studio. You can listen to our latest music at http://www.thelondonproject.ca/

I have been interested in music all my life. I guess what started it all was a Christmas present when I was 9 (35 years ago). A cassette recorder and 3 tapes; Nazereth Rampant, Gordon Lightfoots Greatest Hits and The Stampeders. It came with a couple of blank tapes as well as a microphone. Didn't take long before I was recording my voice doing hockey broadcast impersonations.

A few years later I began collecting LP's. I still have most of them (about 500 in total). I eventually used my knowledge of music to get me some DJ work. Spun the platters just for fun at company parties etc. while going to college to learn Graphic Design. My graphic knowledge launched a career in the Trade Show and Signage industry. Working daily on computers lead me down the Information Technology path which is what I currently do for a living.

I selected this particular course as it was in the evenings and would allow me to keep working.

The course is broken down into six levels. The first three levels are grouped together and teach you recording fundamentals. Rather than listing what the literature says about what we will be doing, I will write separate blogs on what we were actually taught.

I hope you find these blogs helpfull. I'm not the greatest writer but I will try to keep you entertained.

2 comments:

Herb said...

Lonnie, your commitment is inspiring. Looks like you might learn something! Keep blogging; I'll be reading.

Steve (Herb)

Anonymous said...

Just so you know we're here and paying attention.
Well, I am anyway.