Tuesday, February 26, 2008

w00t! New gear! Roland VS-2400CD

I've had my eye on this unit at Long and McQuade for a few weeks now. This particular unit was used but under a very close inspection, it looks like it was used very little. It shows absolutely no signs of wear at all. It actually looks like it was only removed from the box. I found one previous session on the hard drive so I know that it is not new.


This is the cousin of the VS-2480 that we are using at school. Basically it functions the same and offers all the features except the VS-2400 comes with only 8 pre-amps and must be expanded to 16 channels via an AD/DA converter.


I fired this baby up last night and immediately noticed that the operating system and overall feel is exactly the same as the VS-2480. Since I have already had a bit of hands on with the VS-2480 I was able to quickly setup for a quick test recording. I plugged in my 8 channel snake into the VS-2400 and began connecting my drum mic kit. For this experiment I connect up 8 microphones. One on each, the hi-hat, snare, kick, overheads and toms. I didn't use any effects at all and only used headphones for monitoring. First impressions was that it was quite quick to set up and the sound quality is very good. We will be tracking drums during our next practice night on Wednesday so I will have a better idea of it's performance then.

3 comments:

strongpassion said...

Sweet! Was this the one you were talking about last week?

strongpassion said...

I don't know how to edit my comment - but I just wanted to let you know this is Sophie from class, in case you weren't sure.

dekorasyon said...

That is incredible.thanks